Hello my loves!
First, thank you SO much for being super patient and understanding while I was studying & taking the CA Bar Exam. I'm so excited to be back and can't wait to share with you all the exciting things I have planned! I am so grateful for your continued support.
I'm finally enjoying summer and all the delicious fruits that are in season. Peaches are a definite favorite. They are so sweet and flavorful, and can also be worked into a savory recipe like this salad, which is inspired by one I had at Bestia in LA. Be sure to use the ripest peaches and creamiest mozzarella you can get your hands on :) The recipe is not meant to be exact, just use whatever ratio suits your fancy. The amount below serves 2 as a main, with plenty of extra dressing which you can store in the fridge and use for another salad.
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs honey
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt & fresh ground pepper
2 ripe peaches
8 slices prosciutto
1 oz (or more) fresh mozzarella or burrata cheese
mixed greens, arugula, or similar
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit. Brush with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt. Grill them in a pan, face down, until golden brown. Flip over and grill skin side down for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan, let cool, and slice.
- While waiting for the peaches to grill, mix up the vinaigrette by whisking together the olive oil, balsamic, and honey until emulsified. Add some fresh cracked pepper.
- Arrange the greens on a platter. Tear up the mozzarella ball into little pieces and scatter it throughout the salad.
- Tear the prosciutto into small pieces and incorporate it into the salad. Add as much or as little as you like!
- Finally, add the sliced peaches, and drizzle with the vinaigrette.