I recently-ish decided to chop all my hair off and go a little bit darker for the season. I was terrified to cut off 8+ inches...but got inspired to try a lob look. I was completely at a loss on how to style it, but like a fairy godmother, my sweet friend Nadia offered to give me a lesson!
We decided to do a quick blowdry, messy waves, and then add in a waterfall braid across the back. Here's the pictorial:
- Spray a root lifter in your hair and blow dry your hair using a large round brush.
- Section off your hair into layers, clipping up the top layers out of the way. Begin taking 1 inch sections and wrap them around 1" curling iron. You can use a smaller one if your hair doesn't hold a curl well. For this look I wanted very soft waves so we used a bigger curling iron. P.S. Some girls swear by wrapping one layer of hair away from the face, and the next towards the face, and repeat until done. I kind of just wrap my hair is all sorts of directions haha. Just make sure that by the front of your face that you wrap away from the face for more flattering cheekbones :)
- After your hair is all curled, mix some smoothing cream with a tiny bit of water based hair paste, warm it up in your palms, and run your fingers through you hair to create a pretty, undone texture. Ta-Da!
- We decided to add a waterfall braid to my hair. You basically french braid, but instead of crossing over the right strand as you normally would, you drop it down and pick up a new piece of hair to replace it. A great and detailed tutorial on how to do this by Missy Sue can be found here.
- We waterfall braided both sides and pinned the ends together to make it look like one continuous piece.
- I sprayed everything lightly with this hairspray to hold it all in place!
Nadia offers at-home blowouts and styling all around Orange County! She came totally prepared to my place and made me feel like a princess! It was such a fun and luxurious experience, and all I had to do was roll out of bed. Check out her instagram @blowyoubeautiful! Message her the next time you need some pampering. All my readers who mention the blog will get special pricing!
Message me if you have any questions or if you need me to help you get an appointment with Nadia. Have a great week loves!