Last week I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the very sweet Ruthie Thursday. The award helps new bloggers around meet each other and reach a wider audience. I think it's the greatest idea.
Below are my answers to Ruthie's questions for me, as well as my nominations. If you've found me because I nominated you and you'd like to play, please share your answers to the questions below as well and continue passing the award along. Cheers & happy reading!
- Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging because I needed a creative outlet and I wanted to share my knowledge with whoever wanted to listen. I found that I often got asked for advice regarding events, etiquette, and style due to my event planning background and I'm more than happy to share so I thought a blog would be the perfect way to do so.
- What inspires you most?
- Flowers are really inspiring to me. I love to always have fresh flowers in my house. They're so beautiful and I love how they grow wild and free. They smell divine and maximize the potential of their short life...I talk to my flowers like a crazy person ;)
- Who is your role model?
- My role model is my former boss Kim at Toast Santa Barbara. She is the most loving, energetic, creative spirit you'll ever meet. She really influenced my taste in design and has really shown me what a woman can do when she puts her mind to it.
- What is your favorite past time?
- This is predictable but I love to entertain. Nothing makes me happier than hosting a dinner party for close friends, and seeing everyone come together to enjoy each other's company and a delicious home cooked meal.
- How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
- I would say that I'm ambitious, energetic, and joyful.
- What is/was your favorite subject in school?
- My favorite subject in school was English. I love to read and still do.
- Do you have any strange talents?
- Hmm, I don't think I do. I think I'm generally strange but not necessarily talented ;)
- Where is your dream place to live or visit?
- I want to see every continent. I love love love to travel! I adore California but I wouldn't mind spending some time in Italy or France.
- What is your primary goal in life?
- I want to give back to the world in a unique fashion--I want to do something only I can do. I don't quite know what that is yet, but I truly believe that every person has something unique they are amazing at, and I think that should be shared with the world.
- Can you tell me any random fun fact about yourself?
- I don't know how to wink. Or whistle. Maybe w's just aren't for me.