These days, it seems like I'm always rushing around...from work to social activities to the gym and everywhere else in between. I used to be the girl who loved spending all morning getting ready, but now I don't have that luxury. I was chatting with my friend Kalaya (check out her blog!) and as a new mom and business owner, she has even less time than me! Together, we picked out some of our favorite products to help feel beautiful, even when you're short on time.
I picked out my favorite hair helpers for you guys to try. My hair is very fine and brittle, and sometimes quite dry due to my history of coloring.
- It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product • $24.69: I always spray this in my hair post-shower. It acts as 10 products in one, including a conditioner, hair treatment, heat sealant, and blow dry serum.
- Living Proof Prime Style Extender • Living Proof • $18.55: I love to use this product after my hair is halfway dry. It sets the hair and preps it to hold whatever style I choose. I apply then finish my blow dry.
- Klorane Dry Shampoo With Oat Milk • $20: I only wash my hair once every 2-3 days, to preserve my color and to prevent it from drying out. In between, I spray this dry shampoo to help absorb excess oil and add body. I actually like to spray it on before I sleep (before my hair even has a chance to get oily) but if I forget, a few sprays in the morning and my blowout is good as new.
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray • $44: My hair is very fine and flat, and I used to spend hours trying to give it volume and body. A couple sprays of this however, and I have incredible volume and texture, without having to backcomb. My hair remains touchable but looks amazing. It's expensive, but trust me, it's the best product on the market.
- Tigi Bed Head After-Party Smoothing Creme • $6.99: My ends are somewhat damaged from being colored and from heat styling. When they're sticking out like a frizzy mess, I will put a dime size dab of this in my palms and run it through my hands. It smooths and softens all the dry brittle ends, making everything look healthy and touchable without weighing my hair down. It's the perfect last step to tame flyaways.
Kaylaya picks show off some things she uses every single day. I love that these options are versatile and easy to use.
- Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base • Chanel • $50: When I became a mom “doing my makeup” became 1 of 2 things, either non-existent all natural or figure out how to do it in the least time possible while ”faking” you spent hours sitting at your vanity perfecting every brow and lip line. The second option is always preferred and this makeup base is my secret weapon.
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment Jar - Fragrance Free - 14 oz • Aquaphor • $7.29–13.49: This fragrance free, water based healing ointment is perfect for on the go and I don’t leave home without it (try trial mini jar to throw in your already super packed bag). Perfect for dry skin (winter given), scrapes (I’m a little clumsy), scratches (ok maybe a lot clumsy), skin irritations (who doesn’t get a questionable blemish here and there), burns (when it happens add Aquaphor to the usual “hold it under cold water” method). There are days (especially in the winter) where I am sitting in a meeting and notice my dry hands..do they notice, I ask myself? It comes in handy to have Aquaphor on me at all times for these moments + the accidents here and there. I now buy Aquaphor baby for the multi-use (hers and mine) as it is 100% safe to use on Luna. It is also great for chapped lips!
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Cleanser+Waterproof Makeup Remover • Garnier • $8.99: We all fall asleep with our make-up on from time to time...it happens..you’re not alone- you partied all night, slumber with a new boy (all you single ladies), OR like me you are a mother who probably falls asleep with your make-up on because you’d rather spend the time cuddling with little mush. Micellar Water is a quick fix to the next morning when you wonder “should I fake-up (touch up your day old make-up) today?” it is quick and easy to remove make-up + cleanse your face for a fresh start, so you can skip the fake-up. I have to be honest, I have been using the passenger’s seat as my vanity lately and Micellar Water as my sink..let’s just say I don’t miss the water drips down my arms..
- BLOW PRO blowpro faux dry Shampoo - 1.7 oz. • JCPenney • $15: For when the baby powder is out..BLOW PRO is my brand of choice. There are days where dry shampoo is the fix to my messy, thrown up in, tangled hair (don’t get grossed out, if you’re a mother you get it). Not to mention dry shampoo always makes me feel like I just left the salon after getting a head of fresh highlights (ahh..the feeling).
- Rosebud Salve in a Tube• Rosebud Perfume Co. • $6: A MUST in my book. The oldest, best fix in the book for chapped lips+ it adds just the right amount of gloss for that high shine lip we all strive to sport- you know, the one I was talking about spending hours in front of your vanity to achieve..how about achieving it right out of your back pocket with quick application! D AND D, done and done.
Thanks for reading loves! How do you get to feeling your best when you have no minutes to spare? We'd love to hear your tips and tricks. Be sure to follow Kalaya (@kalayakingkreative) and me (@littlegoldbook) for more insight into our everyday routines!