This past weekend it truly felt like spring in Orange County! We had April showers (not my favorite but I know we need it for the drought!) and May flowers came early...it's officially peony season!!! I was super inspired seeing my favorite blooms, so I pulled together a bohemian outfit and soft pink makeup look for brunch on Saturday.
I'm wearing a tiered lace maxi skirt from Urban Outfitters. It's no longer available, but here's a similar one. I paired it with a simple sheer loose tank, which I knotted off to define my waist a bit more. It's from Madewell. Underneath (which you can't really see in this picture) I layered a mint green lace bralette from Forever 21. The necklaces I'm wearing are 1) the "key to success" necklace from Dogeared, and 2) a custom diamond pendant that was a gift.
1. First, I prepped my eyes using Urban Decay Primer Potion so that my eyeshadow would apply evenly. Then I used the MAC "Nordstrom Neutrals" palette to create my eye look. I used "Hey", "Warm Breeze" "Honey Lust" "Ginger Snap" and "Dark Brew". I lined my eyes with Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper. I added Ardell Demi Wispie lashes...which didn't go on as perfect as I like, but hey, life isn't perfect!
2. Then, I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Medium Brow. I cleaned up the line using Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. I set my brows with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel.
3. Next, I applied Estee Lauder's Illuminating Primer all over my skin. I used Nars Sheer Glow foundation in Santa Fe to even out my skin tone. I love this foundation because it leaves a lot of radiance in your skin so you don't look like you're wearing makeup! I used the same Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer from earlier under my eyes to add some light to my face. I set my foundation with Sephora's Baked Powder.
4. Then, I added dimension back into my face using Anastasia's Contour Palette, by applying "Fawn" into the hollows of my cheeks, along my jawline, on my temples, and down the sides of my nose. I added a little bit of blush to the apples of my cheeks using Nars Blush in Orgasm. This is my go-to everyday color. It looks good on absolutely everyone!
5. Finally, I swiped some Dior Addict Lip Glow in Sheer Pink on my lips. It's super hydrating, has SPF 15, and the color adjusts to bring out the natural colors unique to your pout! How cool is that?
I hope everyone's having a gorgeous weekend! As always, I love to hear from you so reach out to me if you have any questions about my look, or even if you just want to chat!
P.S. If you didn't see on my instagram already--I was able to score y'all a free month at Rocksbox! It's basically a designer jewelry rental service...you get unlimited pieces for under $20 a month. Use the code: hellolittlegoldbookxoxo to check it out. I think it's awesome because I never want to spend a lot of money on my accessories (except for my staples) and this allows me to keep my jewelry wardrobe forever updated!