As promised, here's my first personal style post! This is scary territory for me because I don't love the camera, so if you have posing and/or photography advice...please let me know! Anyways, last night USC hosted "3L Gala" for the graduating class, because attorneys love getting dressed up to drink together ;) I had so much fun putting together a super glamorous look for the event!
I wore an Erin by Erin Fetherston gown that I picked up at Nordstrom Rack. (Thank goodness for the Rack because I have a law student budget!) It was a black chiffon, and the pattern incorporated both metallic silver and sapphire threads. To play off they asymmetrical cut of the gown, I paired it with bold statement earrings from H&M. I purposefully picked blue stones to bring out the sapphire threading in my dress. I kept my accessories to a minimum so I could really let my makeup shine.
For my makeup, I opted for a super glam look with heavy lashes and and dark bold red lip and glowy skin. I used a lot of product for this look because I needed it to stay on forever! Also before I start, I always prep my skin and lips by cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing.
1. First, I prepped my eyes using Urban Decay Primer Potion (in Enigma) so that my eyeshadow would apply more smoothly and stay on longer. Then I used the Marc Jacobs eyeshadow palette in The Enigma 216 to create a soft grey smokey eye. I lined my eyes using Bobbi Brown's Longwear Gel Liner. Then I applied my lashes (House of Lashes Noir Fairy) and went over the lash line with Stila Stay All Dayliquid liner in black.
2. Then, I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Medium Brow. I cleaned up the line using Urban Decay's Naked Concealer in Light-Medium. I set my brows with Anastasia's Clear Brow Gel.
3. Next, I applied Estee Lauder's Illuminating Primer all over my skin. I used Estee Lauder's Double Wearfoundation in Dawn for maximum staying power. This stuff does not move and gives amazing coverage without looking too mask like. I used the same Urban Decay Naked Concealer from earlier under my eyes to add some light to my face. I set my foundation with Sephora's Baked Powder.
4. Then, I added dimension back into my face using Anastasia's Contour Palette, by applying "Fawn" into the hollows of my cheeks, along my jawline, on my temples, and down the sides of my nose. I added a little bit of blush to the apples of my cheeks using Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Mood Exposure. Finally, I highlighted along the top of my cheekbones, the tip of my nose, and my angel dip above my lip with Laura Mercier's Matte Radiance Baked Powder in Bronze 02.
5. Almost done! I lined my lips with Laura Mercier's Lip Pencil in Deep Wine. I overdraw my top lip a little bit because the sides are a bit uneven and it's slightly thinner than my bottom lip. I filled in my lips with Hourglass' Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon. It literally stayed on for 10 hours!
6. Finally, I set everything using Urban Decay's "Chill" makeup setting spray. This helps my makeup last through the whole night, even if I dance up a storm.
Whew that was a lot! I hope you loved this post! If you have any questions about my makeup or my outfit, please message me, tweet me, DM me on instagram, etc! I would love to hear from you!