One of my favorite things to do as the year starts is get organized! I have a huge desk but it doesn't really have storage, so I've been brainstorming a way to tidy it up. I was eyeing some pretty lucite trays, but at $50 + a pop, I decided a DIY was the way to go. Here's my $5 version! It's super easy.
1. Pick up an Acrylic Box Frame (like this one) in whatever size suits your needs. You can get them at any craft store, and be sure to use a coupon if they're not already on sale. Grab a can of spray paint in your favorite color while you're there. I chose gold, duh!
2. Unwrap the frame. Take out the paper backing and flip it...ta-da, you now have a tray!
3. Choose a pretty pattern to spray paint. I used masking tape (painter's tape would've worked better but I didn't have any on hand) to do a simple stripe pattern. You could tape any stencil on (try using a piece of lace)...the possibilities are endless.
4. Cover any part of the tray you don't want paint to touch with tape. After that, spray away! Sweep the can back and forth to ensure an even coat.
5. Peel & Reveal! You now have a lovely desk tray...just add some flowers and a few of your favorite things.
As always, if you have any questions, just send me a note. Tag #myLGB or @littlegoldbook on instagram so I can see yours when it's done!