Like so many of you, I've been caught up in a whirlwind of shopping, socializing, crafting and the like that it's definitely cutting into my beauty sleep. My crazy schedule + winter's frigid air has left my skin less than happy, but I'm doing my best to keep it aglow. I just thought I'd share with you a few tips & tricks on how I keep my skin as healthy as possible during times like these! I happen to have very dry skin, but my tips apply no matter what time of skin you have--and I'll try to suggest products as we go!
1. Cleanse nightly with a gentle formula that also removes all your makeup. My favorite hands down is this Neutrogena Naturals cleanser.. You can find it at any drugstore and it really takes all your makeup off without that tight skin feeling afterwards.
2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. Your skin will never glow if there's a layer of dead skin sitting on top, hiding all your radiance! You need to use both a physical exfoliant--like this scrub by Vivant Skincare, and a chemical exfoliant like this Mandelic Acid. It sounds like a lot but the formulas I've chosen are very gentle. You should use a gentle scrub 3-4x a week, and a chemical exfoliant 2-3x a week. If your skin is sensitive, decrease use!
3. Feed your skin. Our skin needs vitamins and nutrients just like the rest of the body. Start by eating healthy--lots of veggies and fruits, and then help it along but using a vitamin packed serum. I love this Oil of Olay serum--it works on every skin type and is very affordable, especially at Costco. It will give your skin all the love it needs!
4. Moisturize! In the morning, apply a moisturizer with sunscreen (or two separately if you like). For my dry skin, I love this Boscia For normal skin I'd recommend this Oil of Olay. And for oily skin, this Clinique works wonders. At night, choose something a little heavier, like this Night Cream or this Night formula.
5. Finally, once a week, take time to do a hydrating and purifying mask. I love this Algae Soft Mask because the clay draws all the toxins from your pores but the algae really adds back in moisture while it works. It also tightens your pores for a flawless look.
Do you have any special concerns you need me to help address? What are your favorite winter skin care products? Share with me! I love to try new products and hear everyone's reviews.